Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Pleasant Life is Messy sometimes....

As I look around our house, I slowly realize how utterly messy my home is today. Toys strewn everywhere in the living room, random crayons being crushed into the carpet, sink overflowing with dishes, dirty clothes no longer in baskets. I realize that I am not the best homemaker, but I do strive to keep our home not looking like a hurricane has just been 'ablowing. Monday through Friday, our home is sparkling clean with children as neat and proper as the Darling children. Saturday and Sunday blow up in my face. There is just something about DaddyBear being home that throws off my cleaning equilibrium. DaddyBear's presence on weekends equals fun and toys and ice cream and staying up late. I love having him home but sometimes I push him out of the door on Monday morning so I can begin the massive reconstruction on the house. Mondays come with a heavy heart and hand. I'm bummed that I let our home get so, so... just plain gross on the weekends. And the extra work that it causes me. But for the brief time that DaddyBear spends at home, with us, we are content in our pigstye. We are happy in our filth. I guess that makes our weekend grossfest OK.

No comments: